Long time no see! I miss all of my blog readers and Youtube friends. Last year was such a fun and exciting year for me. Lets fast forward to the fun stuff…. I HAD A BABY THIS YEAR!! That was the reason behind taking a break from blogging and from Youtube.
When I found out I was pregnant, I was super excited and couldn’t wait to do all of the fun things pregnant women do! I was so focused on my health, my son and getting ready for my new life. Juggling my new life as a being pregnant/mommy and blogging was extremely difficult so a break was needed. Needless to say, on March 18 2016, I gave birth to a healthy baby boy! Mommy life is AMAZING!!!
As I am finally acclimated to mommy hood, I am pleased to announced that I will be back to blogging and back to creating videos! I cannot be more excited to get back into things! Be sure to subscribe to my channel to stay updated with my videos.
Lastly, I cannot Thank all of my supporters enough! You all are super amazing. Your sweet comments and emails to check up on me meant so much!! I love you all and I will see you in my next video!
A collaboration with:
PÜRMinerals: The Complexion Authority! Contour and Highlight like a PRO with the new Cameo Contour Stick!
Meet the final word in flawless contouring. PÜR’s dual-ended contour stick adds closeup-worthy depth and dimension to your natural features with a creamy formula that sets to a picture-perfect powder finish. With use of natural, light-reflective ingredients that resemble microspheres, this 2-in-1 complexion innovation emphasizes your face’s natural highlights and shadows while simultaneously blurring the look of imperfections, such as dark spots and fine lines. As you apply and blend one or both shades with the Contour Blending Sponge, your skin also absorbs in the skin-perfecting benefits of PÜR’s own Ceretin® Complex—a proprietary blend of hydrating ceramides and age-defying vitamin A!
Contouring and highlighting has been one of the biggest makeup trends for 2015 and I have trend multiple techniques for contouring and highlighting. I have noticed that I am a big fan of contouring products in a stick form. While swatching these Cameo Contour Sticks, I found them to be creamy and easy to work with.
There are 5 shades in total:
- Light – Porcelain & Light 4-in-1 Mineral Makeup; fair to fair with creamy ivory undertones
- Medium – Blush Medium & Golden Medium 4-in-1 Mineral Makeup; medium beige with blush to golden undertones
- Tan – Light Tan, Tan, & Medium Tan 4-in-1 Mineral Makeup; olive with yellow, honey and caramel undertones
- Dark – Medium Dark & Golden Dark 4-in-1 Mineral Makeup; rich bronze with golden undertones
- Deep – Deep & Deeper 4-in-1 Mineral Makeup; warm with golden amber undertones
First, I applied a primer and my regular foundation as normal. Then I started to highlight my face, I used shadeDark. Starting with the center of my forehead, down the bridge of my nose, my cheekbones and my chin. These are areas that I want to stand out. Next, I applied the deeper shade and applied on the side of my nose, under my cheekbone and around my hairline.
I used the pink sponge that was included with my Cameo Contour stick – which also happens to be great dupe for Beauty Blender and is included with your purchase of your Cameo Contour stick! I used this sponge wet to blend everything out. I started with my highlight colors first then moved on to my contour.
Since you have applied the product on to your skin, your body warmth allows this product to easily melt into your skin, making blending a breeze. I will recommend setting this product as I noticed that it will move easily but otherwise, it is creamy and leaves a flawless finish.
The Cameo Contour stick retails for $39.50 (earn 10% cash back with Ebates here). You will also get a cute beauty blender look alike with your foundation as well as a little tip sheet. It is totally worth it. If you are just learning how to contour and highlight this is a great product for beginners.
Definitely worth a try! Check it out at Ulta! Check out my latest tutorial showing you how to use these contour sticks (video in the side bar)!
ColourPop Cosmetics Haul & Review!
I’ve finally had to chance to get my hands on a bunch of ColourPop Cosmetics and thought I’d do a mini haul/review. It wasn’t until recently that ColourPop released their highlighters and gel liners. ColourPop is known for their high quality products and inexpensive price tags. I mean six bucks for a liquid lipstick is not hard to beat at all.
First, I picked up two of the liquid lipsticks in Beeper and Guess. I decided to get an “everyday” color and a bold lipstick. Hands down a true statement. I’ve been wearing Beeper, which is my favorite! It is a warm taupe color that will look great on every skin tone! Colourpop describes their liquid lipsticks as:
Thin and lightweight formula glides onto the lips smoothly and leaves SUPER intense pigment-rich colour with a bold, ultra matte look. It’s very long wearing and completely kiss proof!
Hands down a true statement. I’ve been wearing Beeper, which is my favorite! It is a warm taupe color that will look great on every skin tone! I also picked up Guess because I wanted a bold liquid lipstick. Plus, I do not own a cool toned dark lippie so Guess is a perfect purchase. It is a dark violet (very close to black). It is a beautiful color and different from most lip colors that I own.
I am overly impressed with the Colourpop’s Ultra Matte Liquid Lipsticks. This product is super thing and will show every imperfection so just take the extra step to exfoliate your lips, followed by lining with a matching lip color and then apply your liquid lippie. I cannot wait to get my hands on more liquid lipsticks from ColourPop!
Another product that I purchased was their infamous LippieStix! I love these! I purchased the color Brink. This is a warm dusty taupe and a matte finish. I love this color. It is not as creamy as I would like it to be so I just apply a little lip balm before hand. I can tell that all of their lip products are super long lasting!
I was running low on my gel eye liner so I decided to pick up their new crème gel liner in the color Swerve which is a true matte black liner. I’ve used several types of gel liner and I must say, this is by far the creamiest liner that I have used. It glides on your eyes like butter! You cannot go wrong for six bucks! Totally worth it!
Lastly, I ordered a cheek highlighter in the color Avalon. I was not impressed with this being a cheek highlighter. The color on the website is much different than the actual product. Avalon is much darker and would look awesome on a light skin tone and used as a bronzer. For me, the consistency is like their eye shadows and since this color doesn’t do much for me as a highlighter, I enjoy using it as an eye shadow. You can certainly get away with using their eye shadows as a highlight. Which I also did get an eye shadow in the color Hustle (a matte warm plum color) and I love the pigmentation.
Overall, I am pleased with my Colourpop purchase. I will certainly be ordering more products!
As the weather becomes colder, our skin gets dry and looks dull. Which means our skin is lacking the summer glow we once had. Add shine to your skin in the winter months by applying an iridescent highlighter. Highlighters work wonders and they will keep your skin glowing all day and night. The best tips are applying your highlighter to your cheekbones, down the center of your nose, inner tear duct and under your eyebrows. These areas will instantly pop! Go the extra mile and apply a little highlighter on your collarbones.
Highlighters come in various forms – liquid, cream, powder and gel. Here are my winter favorites.
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish: M·A·C Mineralize Skinfinish is a luxurious, velvety-soft powder with a high-frost metallic finish. It smoothes on evenly, adding buffed-up highlights to your cheeks and brows. It can also be used as an overall ultra-deluxe polish for your face.
Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector: This bestselling formula is enriched with ultra fine luminescent pearls that absorb, reflect, and refract light so your natural radiance is never lost. Unlike the traditional pressed powder method which simply mixes and compresses dry ingredients, this unique process blends pigments with proprietary liquid binders, resulting in unparalleled, creamy application with balanced color dispersion.
Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder: Bobbi Brown’s cult favorite Highlighting Powder is back. This high-impact, light-reflective powder gives skin shimmering pink highlights and is ideal for strobing. Ideal for light-to-medium skin tones, the powder is formulated with a clear base and highly reflective pearl pigments to create a radiant yet flattering glow. Plus, the superfine, silky powder applies smoothly and evenly and won’t settle into fine lines. It’s housed in a sleek, mirrored compact for take-anywhere ease.
theBalm Mary Lou Luminizer: Diffuses light across the skin while adding a subtle glow
NARS ‘Orgasm’ Illuminator: NARS Illuminators light the skin from within. A collection of light-reflecting liquids that glides on to refresh and enhance the complexion to create a shimmering incandescence. Go gorgeously nude with peachy-pink Orgasm or up the ante with Super Orgasm’s extra-golden glow. Highlight with pearlescent Copacabana and bring out the bronze with sun-kissed Laguna. Wear them alone, pair them with makeup or caress your décolleté. Deceptively sheer, decidedly luminous. Magically transform your skin from ordinary to extraordinary.
Smashbox L.A. Lights Blendable Lip & Cheek Color: A multipurpose cheek and lip color for on-the-go touch ups, its shades range from a subtle sheen to a full-on flush to a mega-watt highlighter that’s perfect for strobing.
Benefit Cosmetics High Beam Liquid Face Highligher: A soft focus sheen. The makeup artist’s secret for a healthy glow! The satiny ink highlighter adds a soft focus sheen that’s perfectly ethereal on all skin tones.
Charlotte Tilbury Dreamy Glow’ Highlighter Illuminating Powder: The Dreamy Glow Highlighter is a soft, mood-lit highlighter that creates a peaches-and-cream glow. It’s the perfect blend of pearl and pigment to enhance your complexion, scattering light and opalescence across the features, transitioning skin from winter to golden summer in one easy swipe. The powder uses light flex technology to capture light and radiate it out across the skin for a dreamy, soft-focus effect.
Benefit Cosmetics “Watt’s Up!” Cream-to-Powder Highlighter: Benefit’s soft focus highlighter turns on “watt” ya got with a delicate champagne glow that’s gorgeous. With a cream-to-powder finish…it’s a switch on “wow” for all complexions.
Share your favorite highlighting products in the comments below!
Happy Cyber Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and a fun Black Friday! Now, its another fun time of the year – Cyber Monday, and it starts in a few hours!!!
Here is a round up of all of the best fashion and beauty steals and deals! Don’t forget to sign up for Ebates. On Ebates you will find coupons and earn cash back at over 1800 stores when you shop online! I’ve been using Ebates for years and it is amazing to see how much money you save while shopping online! Especially with Cyber Monday, why not save a bit during the holiday season!
Cyber Monday 2015 Coupon Codes & Deals
- ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS: All individual lip glosses for $9.99 (regularly $16), 11/30 only. Free #23 brush with purchase of Illuminator, 11/30 only. 25% off all brow products, 11/30.
- ASOS (2.5% Cash Back): 30% off everything with code BLESSED, 11/26 through 12/1.
- AVEDA: Choose 5 samples with $25+ orders + surprise gift on $50+ orders, free rush shipping on $65+ orders with code CYBER, 11/29 through 11/30.
- AVON (4% Cash Back): 20% off $40+ purchases, plus a tote filled with top-rated products with $65+ purchases with code CYBER2015, 11/30 through 12/1.
- BAREMINERALS (4% Cash Back): 6 days of exclusive deals, 11/26 through 12/1.
- BARNEYS NEW YORK (3% Cash Back): Up to 40% off regular prices on select clothing, shoes, and accessories, as well as gifts for the home, 11/24 through 12/1.
- BEAUTY.COM (4% Cash Back): Over 50 gift with purchase sets, 11/23 through 11/30.
- BENEFIT: Spend $120, get 6 free bestseller minis with code FREEBIES, 11/22 through 11/30.
- BIRCHBOX (2.5% Cash Back): Spend $35+ on subscriptions or full-size products, get 25% off with code PARTYON, 11/30 only.
- BLISS (5% Cash Back): 30% off almost everything with code DAZZLE30, ends 11/30. Free beauty-filled bag ($150 value) with $75+ purchase with code BRILLIANT15, ends 11/30. 20% off Bliss, Remede, Elemis with code HOLIDAY20, ends 12/24.
- BOBBI BROWN (6% Cash Back): 20% off any order, 11/29 through 12/2.
- CITY COLOR COSMETICS: 40% off sitewide from 11/27-11/30.
- CLEAN: 30% off entire purchase, 11/27 through 11/30.
- COASTAL SCENTS: Up to 55% off now through 11/30.
- DOSE OF COLORS: Free shipping on domestic orders, $5.50 off international shipping, 11/30 only.
- DRUGSTORE.COM (4% Cash Back): See site for deals.
- FOREO (7.5% Cash Back): 25% off all devices + free shipping, ends 11/30.
- FRESH: Free Hesperides Grapefruit Oval Soap with $40+ purchase, 11/30.
- GHD: 25% off all electrical products 11/27 through 11/30.
- GIORGIO ARMANI (6% Cash Back): 20% off $75+ orders, through 12/7.
- GLAMGLOW (4% Cash Back): Ultimate Anti-Aging Set for $69, ends 12/31.
- IT COSMETICS (3.5% Cash Back): Your Wish-List Tote for $49 ($123) value includes full-sized Tightline Mascara Primer Je Ne Sais Quo CC Radiance Ombre Blush, Naturally Pretty Eyeshadow Trio in Pretty in Smoke, Joyful Vitality Lip Flush Butter Gloss, 11/30 while supplies last.
- JEFFREE STAR: 30% off selected shades, 11/30.
- JO MALONE (6% Cash Back): Receive The Fragrance Combining™ Collection, complimentary standard delivery plus a fragrance sample of your choice with purchase of $150 or more with code 15PREBF, 11/25 through 11/30.
- KIEHL’S (6% Cash Back): Enjoy $20 in Kiehl’s Cash to use towards your purchase of $65 or more with code JINGLE, ends 12/2.
- KOHL’S (6% Cash Back): Get an extra 20% off with promo code CYBER20 and free shipping with orders $25+ from11/30-12/3.
- L’OCCITANE (10% Cash Back):Receive four free hand creams + a collectible tin with any $50+ online order on 11/30.
- LA SPLASH: $10 liquid lipstick and lashes, ends 11/30.
- LANCOME (4% Cash Back): 20% off any order + free shipping on $49+ purchases with code FRIENDS, 11/29 through 12/8.
- LORD & TAYLOR (6% Cash Back): Extra 25% off site-wide with code CYBER, 11/29 through 12/1. Receive an Lord & Taylor beauty bag + 25 samples and FREE SHIPPING with your $125 beauty purchase, 11/29 through 12/1.
- LUMINESS: 25% off full price merchandise with code LATKS25, 11/26 through 12/4.
- MAC COSMETICS: 25% off holiday sets + pre-filled 9x and 15x palettes, through 11/30.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER: (At Sephora) Waterproof Hero Kit for $10 ($27 value), Redefining Red Kit for $12 ($20 value), Black Out Kit for $19 ($32 value), Artist Shadow Collector’s Palette for $280 ($714 value), 11/30 online and 11/27 at Make Up For Ever Boutiques.
- MAKEUP GEEK: Eyeshadow & Blush Bundle for $50, Super Shimmer Palette for $125, Foiled Eyeshadow Bundle for $70, Pigment Variety Pack for $30, Brush Bundle for $40
- MARC JACOBS BEAUTY (4% Cash Back): #BlacquerFriday Limited Edition Collections, while supplies last, 11/27 through 12/31.
- MOROCCANOIL: Free 75ml Hand Cream Trio with $100 orders, 11/27 through 11/30.
- NARS COSMETICS (5% Cash Back): Receive an exclusive 20% off purchase + free shipping on purchases of $50+ from 11/27-12/2.
- NEIMAN MARCUS (12% Cash Back): Earn up to a $500 gift card with select regular-price purchase with code GC4YOU, 11/29 through 12/1.
- NET-A-PORTER (3% Cash Back): Up to 50% off end of season sale, 11/24 through 11/30.
- NORDSTROM (6% Cash Back): blowpro: buy 1 faux dry, dry shampoo, get 1 free, 11/30 through 12/31. 80+ Beauty Gifts with Purchase at Nordstrom, 11/25 through 12/1.
- OFRA: 50% off everything with code OFRA50 from 11/27 to 11/30.
- OLE HENRIKSEN (4% Cash Back): Free $100 Surprise Gift Bag with $50 purchase at OLEHENRIKSEN with code 100GIFT, 11/24 through 11/30.
- QVC (2% Cash Back): 120 hours of deals, 11/25 through 11/30. Black Friday TSV preview going on now featuring: philosophy gift of miracles set for $99.72 (normally $120) | philosophy 12 days of Christmas shower gel collection for $89.96 (regularly $109) | Ole Henriksen Celebrate Your Glow Trio for $55 (regularly $60.50) | Drybar Buttercup Hair Dryer + Shine Spray + Brush for $172.90 (regularly $210)
- SALLY BEAUTY (6% Cash Back): Shop Cyber Monday and save 30% from 11/29-11/30.
- SEPHORA (4% Cash Back): Mystery sample bag with orders $25+ with codeSURPRISE from 11/30-12/31 or while supplies last.
- SIGMA: 20% off site-wide with code CYBER2015 on 11/30.
- SMASHBOX (6% Cash Back): 25% off everything with $50+ purchase with code HOLIDAY15, ends 11/30. $10 exclusive sets, plus 25% off with $50+ purchase with code HOLIDAY15, 11/27 through 11/30.
- SUGARPILL: Black Weekend Sale, up to 60% off, 11/27 through 11/30.
- TARGET (2% Cash Back): All beauty products will be 25% off on 12/1 + free shipping on all orders now through 12/25.
- TARTE COSMETICS (4% Cash Back): 25% off holiday collection + special deals on 11/30.
- THE BODY SHOP (8% Cash Back): 50% off + Free Shipping on any purchase, plus free body butter with orders $60+ from 11/30-12/1.
- THE BALM COSMETICS: 50% off 11/30 7AM PST through 12/1 7AM PST. A portion of proceeds will benefit Indexed Tuition, a Bay Area charity.
- ULTA BEAUTY (6% Cash Back): See all beauty busters here. Also: $10 off any qualifying purchase of $50 or more with code 305233.
- URBAN DECAY: Vaults: Mother Lode, 24/7 Eye Pencil Vault, and Lip Vault, 11/30 only.
- VICTORIA’S SECRET BEAUTY (1% Cash Back): $25 for 1.7 oz. eau de parfums, 11/23 through 12/1. 25% off gift sets, 11/25 through 11/30.
- YSL: 20% off $75+ orders, through 12/7.
- ZOYA: Mystery Box for $20, 11/30 only.
I am beyond grateful for all of my supporters! I couldn’t keep Chic of Glam going without you guys! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I’ve had time to sneak in a quick holiday/ Thanksgiving tutorial, check it out below!